To kick off 2014 and start on my adventure of improving my brand, the first thing I have to do is to unify it.
Take a second to think about what Web Platforms you have an account on. You’ll first list off the usual suspects, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. Thats what I did, after looking around a bit more, I found a ton of places where I had published my Persona. Some of these I haven’t touched in years, others I never even filled in. All shared my brand, what I do.
Platforms I am on:
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/mbseid)
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/mbseid)
- LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-seid/19/176/a8b/)
- Google + (https://plus.google.com/+MichaelSeid/)
- About.me (http://about.me/mbseid)
- Tumblr (http://mbseid.tumblr.com/)
- mbseid.com ( here )
- Meetup (By group but example here: http://www.meetup.com/nescala/members/37854792/)
- Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/mbseid)
Among others. I will keep this list up to date as I find more. It was shocking to see how many I had, and what was public. Even some such as Facebook shared a lot more than I would expect.
The process of unification comes in two steps:
1. Create the content that exemplifies your persona.
2. Populate the content into all of the social networks, making tweaks when appropriate.
I am going to be writing content in my next post. Stay Tuned.